BALI ZOUK RETREAT
Exclusive, intimate, unforgettable
Ubud, March 18th - March 23rd 2021
What's so special about the Bali Zouk Retreat?
What makes this event extra special? Small classes and unrivalled access to our teachers.
Consider that there'll be a maximum of around 60 students, and with 5 internationals that's a teacher / student ratio of 1 to 12! We're also all living, dancing, eating, drinking and laughing together over 5 days.
The teachers don't disappear to their own private parties during the event because the whole retreat is one private party.
If you're used to huge congresses and snaking queues for the top Brazilian dancers you can see why we're intentionally keeping it small.
Remember our event strapline:
Exclusive. Intimate. Unforgettable.
We really mean that! 😍
The dream has always been to do something a bit different to a standard weekend workshop or congress:
- Find a small group of fun, talented and passionate dancers
- Add in some of the world's best Brazilian Zouk teachers, and the world's top Zouk DJ
- Drop everyone in a tropical island resort on an exotic island
- Sprinkle in a bunch of social evenings and a whole lotta zouking
- See what happens (Hint: a lot of new and deeper friendships...)
Our Bali Zouk Retreat takes place at the the beautiful tropical Svarga Loka resort, situated in a jungle setting beside a river, and just a few minutes outside Ubud. The resort has 2 pools and a spa onsite as well as a lovely big studio that we'll be holding our yoga sessions, dance practicas and workshops in during the day.
We've designed the event to enable students to get the most quality time with our instructors in smaller class sizes while still being able to enjoy many of the delights Ubud offers.
What your ticket buys you
Your ticket is $1000 USD for the full retreat. It's more than a standard congress ticket for two important reasons:
1) we include all accomodation, breakfast, transportation, and even some other meals and drinks.
We haven't included all meals to give people the freedom to explore the many wonderful restaurants nearby, and because Bali is so inexpensive. Did you know you can get amazing meals from $2 - $3 USD a walk away from our venue?
2) small class sizes, and amazing access to teachers.
We could have run the week with one set of teachers, but by bringing two international couples and the world's leading Zouk DJ to a small-group retreat we get more magic and unrivalled access to social dancing with world-class Brazilian Zouk dancers, with no queues 😉
Here's all the things your full retreat ticket includes and for even more information see the schedule:
- A personal driver collecting you from the airport and taking you directly to the resort
- 5 nights accommodation at the 4-star Svarga Loka, breakfast included
- Transportation to and from all retreat events
- Welcome dinner and drinks
- Morning yoga with Simi
- An enhanced daily social dancing structure of 2-4 hours each day
- Morning/Afternoon tea with local delicacies
- Pool party including lunches
- Intensive workshops of 3-4 hours every day with Arthur & Layssa, Leo & Becky, and DJ Kakah
- 3 greatly expanded evening zouk parties
- Transportation during our much-loved 'night out on the town'
- Sightseeing / cultural activities to be announced
- Farewell lunch
- A few more surprises in store...
We have full use of the 2 on-site dance studios for free so you can make the most of your experience with additional practice and continue to zouk and do private practice through every afternoon at no additional cost!
- Private lessons with our international instructors available - limited spots available
- A limited number of Deluxe Room upgrades are available. Interested? Just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll sort it out for you.
Your ticket includes:
- Breakfast - provided each day as part of your room
- Lunch - lunch on the Saturday, and a farewell buffet lunch on the Tuesday
- Dinner - we're hosting a welcome dinner + drinks on the Thursday evening
We'll strive to cater for all preferences - whether you're vegan, vegetarian or omnivore. Bali meals tend to be on the GF/low dairy side and Ubud is famously known for catering to raw / vegan diets so you're in for a pleasant surprise if you're used to inflexible / limited dining options elsewhere.
As part of the final event registration we'll ensure we capture your preferences, allergies and intolerances, and if there are any additional costs or issues with your particular diet we'll let you know in advance.
What's not included
While we've strived to deliver amazing value-for-money we do not provide:
- travel insurance - you'll need to confirm you have your own travel insurance for the duration of the event
- flights to and from Bali
- lunch or dinner on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday (who wants a buffet every day when there are so many options to discover!)
- anything not specifically mentioned in the inclusions above
If you're unsure about anything, please email us at email@example.com
Please note, rates are per person based on twin-share in a superior room.